5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematics Discussions

I was observing a phenomenal teacher yesterday who was eliciting the best mathematical discussion I have every heard.  My fellow math "coach" and I were sent out to answer the plea of a third/forth grade combination teacher who was having difficulty trying to figure out how to manage the different needs of her multi-grade classroom.

What transpired in her classroom was my colleague conducting a rich meaningful discussion that met the needs of all students in the classroom.

How did she do it?  Is this a gift that some teachers "just have" or is it a skill we can all learn no mater what are comfort level is with mathematics? 

I asked my colleague that question and she led me to the book




You can purchase this book on Amazon.com for yourself or just join me as I share my favorite insights on Learning with Mrs. Little.

No comments:

Post a Comment